Thursday, February 14, 2008

Retirement

I officially put in my retirement notice today. I went to the National Pension Office and filed all the necessary paperwork to get my pension sent to me back in the United States of America.

In a well-lit, sterile white room I sat amongst my fellow Korean retirees as they sipped hot tea, utilized the free blood-pressure testing machine and vocalized the discomfort their aging bodies are feeling. I could tell that we all had a lot in common. The daily grind here in Korea sure can add up to some wear and tear and totally understand how they are feeling. It has been a long time coming for me, but I feel like I am ready to join this lot. If anybody knows of any good retirement homes back in the States that have openings, give a holler. Unlike my Korean retired brethren, I have no offspring to house me, so I will be forced to fend for myself in this cruel world. I need to get a set of golf clubs, a rocking chair for the front porch and start making a list of things to complain about, but as soon as that is all taken care of, I'm ready for my golden years.

6 days left in the classroom
35 classes left to teach
2 weeks until I'm in KC

See you all real soon...

Much love from Seoul

1 Comments:

Blogger Danny Cohen said...

You get that integrated fried chicken container/soda cup?

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home