Thursday, February 07, 2008

100

Every time I log into blogger I am told how many past posts I have posted in the past. This just happens to be number 100. I've been in Asia for a long time...

I have the next few days off in celebration of the Lunar New Year (aka the Chinese New Year.) This has given me time to start cleaning out my apartment. I just threw away a huge stack of magazines and and lots of boxes and other useless shit I had lying around on my shelves. It's a good feeling to start the process of moving.

Lately, I have been reflecting a lot on my time over here. I don't even know where to begin. This has been an interesting period in my life to say the least. There were certain things I really wanted to get out of living abroad for a year and half, and I would say that the majority of those goals have been met. It is hard for me to truly see the changes that have taken place inside me, but I know that I have moved in a positive direction.

There are lots of ideas bouncing around in my head on this topic of change and to be honest with you, I am having trouble transforming those thoughts into words.

I've had a blast hanging out in Seoul for a while, but the time has come to get away from it all and return to a life less strange. I fly out of Seoul in 15 days and I arrive back in KC in 19 days. Up until recently, both of those events seemed so far off that I couldn't even imagine them. But now that they have become real concepts to me I am having trouble controlling my excitement - the thought of leaving has consumed my thoughts.

I am uber-excited to see all of you.

Much love from Seoul

ps - I'm gonna miss my students most of all. When I was cleaning I found a birthday card a student gave me last year. It is a piece of paper covered in glow-in-the-dark planet and star stickers, pink heart stickers (formed into the shape of a bigger heart), puffy ice cream stickers and two yellow duckling stickers. It reads:

Happy Birthday!
Kyle Teacher
Thank you so much for teaching me
You're so tall.
I'll study and behave.
I love you!
Love,
Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home