Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Freudian Slip

Occasionally in class, a kid will inadvertently read something so wrong that it turns out to be right.

Today I had one of the best of these slip-ups. We are reading a book called "Capital Kids" that visits five kids around the world that live in the capital city of their country. We were reading about a young lad named Chad Henry who lives in Washington D.C. After we read about his city and his day at school we moved onto a section about his life.

I'll be honest. It was a long day so I was kind of zoned out, but I heard this sentence come out and it snapped me right to attention. "When I grow up I want to be a pro basketball player or be just like my brother. He is a liar and he works for the Congress right down the street."

I had to quickly find my place in the story book, hold back laughter and then correct the student. "He is a lawyer and he works for the Congress right down the street." Almost too perfect.

Much love from Seoul

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not bad article, but I really miss that you didn't express your opinion, but ok you just have different approach

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home