Sunday, November 25, 2007

Leftovers

Today I have eaten two fatty turkey sandwiches. Half of the reason I even wanted to cook a turkey was to have leftovers to munch on this week. This afternoon I was quite thankful that I had some delicious smoky, Jack-Stacky turkey between two pieces of good wheat bakery bread.

I thought it would be a fun activity for me to go through the archives of photos that I have taken and post a few. I take a lot of pics and only post a small percentage of what I take. Here is a smattering of leftover pictures from the past 15 months...


In front of the Leeum modern art museum. I am giving the cliched Korean pose for a picture. I'm not mocking them - imitation is the highest form of praise. Okay, I'm mocking them.



I've taken a bunch of pictures of different street art, graffiti and vandalism - this is my favorite. It is in Hongdae, definitely the best spot to see shit painted on walls.


And here's another.



Two from Christmas last year. This is what happens when you have no family to be around on Chrismas. The top is a shot of me possessed on the dancefloor. The bottom is a co-worker and I. She leaves this week, making me the next teacher to depart.



Dinner with work. One of the bus drivers was walking around and wrapping slices of kimchi in pork and force-feeding us. Koreans are weird.



This robot never called me. It gave me one of the best nights of my life though.

In the spring, I told myself that as soon as Thanksgiving rolled around I would be entering into my final stage of my Korean journey. Thanksgiving has come and gone and it's time to start thinking about heading home.

Hope the long weekend treated everyone right. See you real soon...

Much love from Seoul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home