Friday, November 02, 2007

Jayhawk Fever

It is just after midnight in Korea and I'm about to head to bed. I probably won't be able to sleep very easily though, because I've got a big morning ahead of me.

I should be waking up around 8:30, heading over to Starbuck's and then sitting in front of my computer celebrating the beginning of the college basketball season in a KU shirt and my boxers. In Korea, I don't have access to much but radio feeds, but last year during the preseason they showed a live video feed from Allen Fieldhouse - I am hoping the same will be true tomorrow.

A package arrived in the mail today with Thanksgiving spices, "I am America (and So Can You,)" and the Sporting News college basketball preview. Even though I live as far away from Allen Field House as I ever have in my life (my move across the hall during the off-season places me about 10 feet further than I was last year,) I am pretty engulfed in Jayhawk basketball fever. I've been reading articles all night and can't wait to hear Bob Davis coming over my internet radio waves in the morning.

This also signals another milestone in my journey. I know I'm heading back Stateside in the middle of the Big XII season. I am excited to be a subscriber to the Jayhawk radio network via the internet, but I am equally excited (if not more so) to cancel that subscription and head to a place where the games are shown on televisions for free.

I know I'm not the only fan in the world thinking this is his team's year, and I know that this isn't the first time I have felt this level of optimism at the beginning of a KU basketball season, but that doesn't stop me from feeling this sense of elation. Season starts in a few hours - bring it on bitches...

Rock Chalk Jayhawk go KU!

Much love from Seoul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home